Some tips for practicing Mummy Kindness to ourselves and each other. Can you imagine a world where everyone observed this manifesto?!
The Mummy Kindness Manifesto
1) I will trust my own instincts.
2) I will feed my baby however suits me, my baby and my family. I will never judge another mother for how she chooses to feed her baby.
3) I will always tell pregnant women they look amazing. No other comments on her appearance or size are necessary.
4) I will accept that others will do things differently to me. This doesn’t mean that they’re wrong, I’m wrong, or that they think I’m wrong.
5) I will only offer advice when it’s asked for. I will do so with love and without judgement.
6) I will remember I’m entitled to be proud of my child. But no-one likes a show-off.
7) I will not be defined by the number on a scale. It is not my worth.
8) I accept I will make mistakes. I will learn from them and move on.
9) I will be true and authentic and not pretend all is perfect at all times. This helps no one.
10) I will not compare my insides with everyone else’s outsides.
11) I will remember that my kind words, compliments or smile could make someone’s day.
12) I will accept compliments gracefully and I will believe them.
13) I will always remember that I am the best mum for MY children, that I know them better than anyone else. I will discount any thoughts or comments that suggest otherwise.
14) I will remember it’s OK not to be OK sometimes.
15) I will be kind to others and kind to myself and in doing so remember that it’s not a competition, all mummies are on the same team.
I’d love to know your thoughts on this! Please use the box below to leave a comment and add any extra points. You can also use the links to share this page with your friends.
All pictures credited to the incredible Brave Girls Club.